This workshop is devoted to assess the applicability and usefulness of the NWC SAF products in the current phase (CDOP-3) and to revise the proposals for further developments in order to collect the user requirements for the next phase (CDOP-4). The Workshop is specially focused on MTG and EPS-SG new generation satellites.
Workshop Date and Venue
It takes place at Madrid, Spain on 10-12 March 2020.
1) NWC SAF Services.
2) Eumetsat SAF Network and New Generation Satellites.
3) NWC SAF Products presented by developers:
• CDOP3 future evolution.
• CDOP4 perspective.
4) Users' Presentations about how they use the satellites for nowcasting in their institutions and how they do nowcasting in their institution.
5) Users' Presentations on the use of NWC SAF products (special interest in users’ feedback: usefulness, improvement suggestions, case studies, validation studies).
6) User Survey results
7) Users – developers' discussion to define requirements for CDOP-4.
Dead line for Abstracts (Extended Period)
07 February 2020. Please send abstracts to Pilar Rípodas (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Llorenç Lliso (email@example.com) and Víctor Bartolomé (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dead line for Applications (Extended Period)
28 February 2020.
Scientist, administrators and final users of the Nowcasting SAF products (both packages GEO and PPS).
Please click here and fill the corresponding fields.
Housing and additional information
Detailed information is available in the following page: Useful information for visitors
*The assistance to the workshop is free, so there is no registration fee.
*The language use during the workshop will be English.
Please, do not hesitate to ask for any related information to the NWCSAF Project Manager Pilar Rípodas (email@example.com) with copy to Llorenç Lliso (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Víctor Bartolomé (email@example.com).